In order to design a webpage, there are many components that are present and needs to be taken care of. One of them is known as the CMS (Content Management System) which is digital software that is used to manage the contents of the wordpress website development.
Furthermore, there are other components such as the dashboard that contains the information of the website, posts that you are uploading, the number of pages that is made up of the website and the plugins that increases the functionality of your website.
Now, let us have a look at some of the major features of CMS and why is it important:
- Dashboard: This is the core feature of a CMS that enables us to manage the tasks that are involved in content production and distribution. Some of these tasks are scheduling content, observing threats, tracking user activity, installing modules and plug-ins and reviewing the performance analytics of the dashboard.
- Responsive themes: Themes are the next thing to keep in mind as they create a magnificent feel to your webpage. Furthermore, it also adds a consistency to the webpage and makes it look attractive. For instance, a theme may look like it has a drop down menu, a sidebar area, customized content sections and a layout.
- Content Editing and Publishing tools: There must be powerful content editing tools available on the CMS section so that the contents are edited perfectly and edited before they are published. Furthermore, you should also be able to add images, videos or forms of any kind to make the page look complete. Finally, you also need to preview the page before it is being launched.
- Multi-language content creation: To reach a wider number of audiences, you need to have a CMS that provides an option for more than one language. The options will make it easier for you to access people around the world so that the popularity of your business will grow faster. You can also add a language translator option that will translate from one language to another.
- Publishing controls: There must be an assignation of different roles within CMS as it helps to establish a proper workflow for creating, approving and liberate the different aspects of the creative assets. Assigning each role to each individual helps in the smooth running of your business.
- Built-in SEO tools: SEO tools can help you in optimizing your content and increase the chances of putting your website on the first rank as people will often look for it. Check that whether the platform that you are using is SEO friendly or not. Also, check that whether it uses HTML markup and responsive design elements.
These were some of the features of CMS that is a must for any website, especially the wordpress websites.
In conclusion, make sure that CMS elements are present in your website to make it more functioning and ready to access.